1. Policy Introduction
2. Collection of Personal Information
Bowdens Silver may collect personal information about an individual in a variety of ways, including when an individual interacts with Bowdens Silver in person or electronically, for example when an individual accesses our website. Bowdens Silver will only collect personal information about an individual where the information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. The kinds of personal information collected and held, how that information is collected and held and the purposes for which that information will be collected, held, used and disclosed will depend on the circumstances.
Examples of the kinds of personal information Bowdens Silver may collect and hold include:
- phone number;
- email address;
- information about goods or services;
- information from enquiries made; and
- communications between Bowdens Silver and an individual.
3. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Bowdens Silver will take reasonable steps to ensure that the individual has access to information so they are aware of matters required by the Australian Privacy Principles, including:
- why the personal information is being collected;
- who else the personal information might be given to;
access to and correction of the information collected; and
- how to contact Bowdens Silver, including to make a complaint.
Bowdens Silver will only use or disclose this personal information for:
- the purpose for which it was collected;
- any related purpose for which it would reasonably be expected to be used or disclosed;
- a purpose required or permitted by law; or
- a purpose for which the individual has provided consent.
Examples of instances where Bowdens Silver may disclose personal information about individuals to third parties include disclosure to providers of services to Bowdens Silver, government agencies, regulatory authorities, related bodies corporate of Bowdens Silver and professional advisers of Bowdens Silver. Bowdens Silver requires its service providers to keep the personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose other than performing those services.
4. Security of Personal Information
Bowdens Silver will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that it holds is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Bowdens Silver will also take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information it holds that is no longer necessary is destroyed or permanently de-identified, subject to any legal obligation to keep the personal information for any required period of time.
5. Access to, Updating and Correcting Personal Information
At the request of an individual, Bowdens Silver will, in most circumstances, provide access to an individual to any personal information that is being held by Bowdens Silver about that individual. There are certain circumstances where Bowdens Silver will not provide an individual access to such personal information in accordance with the Act. These circumstances include where providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others, where providing access would reveal commercially sensitive information about the organisation or where providing access would be unlawful. An individual can seek access to, and update or correct, any personal information that is being held by Bowdens Silver about that individual by contacting us.
Bowdens Silver may amend this Policy from time to time. This Policy as amended from time to time is available on the Bowdens Silver website and is also available upon request. For further information please refer to the Privacy Act 1998 (Commonwealth) (Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles that are contained in that Act. If a person has any concern, query or complaint about:
- any personal information that may have been collected, used or disclosed by Bowdens Silver;
- a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles,
they are to be referred to the Director.
Approved 1 March 2020