This role represents an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Environmental Officer to join the Environment Team and offers an unparalleled opportunity to work on a high profile, major project.
The position involves:
- Assisting with environmental monitoring and compliance across exploration and rehabilitation operations;
- Undertaking compliance tracking, site inspections and audits of onsite activities;
- Maintaining environmental policies and procedures for staff and consultants;
- Assisting the Senior Environmental Officer with internal and external reporting to regulatory agencies;
- Building and maintaining knowledge of all local environmental issues; and
- Working and collaborating with a small team of environmental scientists and technicians.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science (or equivalent) from a recognised tertiary institution;
- Advanced understanding of basic MS Office applications (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook) with experience using GIS software (QGIS/ARCGIS/MapInfo) highly valued;
- Familiarity with environmental management systems, risk management and Work, Health and Safety regulations;
- The ability to work well within a team, participate in open-minded discussions and be able to communicate effectively with both peers and supervisors; and
- Postgraduate industry experience highly valued.