Accountant/Bookkeeper - part-time
We are seeking a permanent, part-time accountant to work in conjunction with the existing Finance & Accounting team. The work will be interesting and varied with exposure across both farming and geological activities.
The role involves:
- Processing and reconciliation of invoices and expenses across several accounts;
- Generation of detailed reports for Government and Industry Department statistical and reporting requirements;
- Partnering with different supervisors to assist with management of costs analysis and performance by providing quality reports and budget forecasting; and
- Maintenance of asset register and preparation and review of capital expenditure applications.
What we are looking for
The successful applicant will have:
- An accounting or similar degree;
- Demonstrated understanding and application of relevant legislation;
- High-level proficiency with XERO, Microsoft Office and Excel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail; and
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to prioritise demands.
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration and benefits;
- Commitment to ongoing development; and
- An opportunity to be part of a small dynamic team and play a key role in the future success of the company.
Shortlisting for this position will begin immediately and we are looking for a candidate who can begin as soon as possible. This position is open to candidates living within the area and is not suitable for those looking for a FIFO/DIDO role as accommodation is not provided.