We are seeking a permanent, part-time to full-time accountant to work in conjunction with the existing Finance & Accounting team. The work will be interesting and varied with exposure across both farming and geological activities.
The position involves:
- Processing and reconciliation of invoices and expenses across several accounts;
- Generation of detailed reports for Government and Industry Department statistical and reporting requirements;
- Partnering with different supervisors to assist with management of costs analysis and performance by providing quality reports and budget forecasting; and
- Maintenance of asset register and preparation and review of capital expenditure applications.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An accounting or similar degree;
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in an accountant/bookkeeper role;
- Demonstrated understanding and application of relevant legislation;
- High-level proficiency with XERO, Microsoft Office and Excel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail; and
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to prioritise demands.